Tuesday, June 24, 2003
New York! New York!

It's been busy around here! I went to New York this past weekend for a PRSA Leadership Rally. It was wonderful and quite inspirational! Now if only I hadn't been so tired and wired at the same time.

I arrived in New York via JFK on Friday morning and began my trip downtown on the A line. After departing the subway and roaming around looking for my flipping hotel, I arrived just in time to be late to my 8 a.m. meeting. So I decided that since I was already hot and sweaty, I would go up to my room and shower before the next meeting started. That was the best decision ever! I felt so much better when I headed downstairs for the start of the Rally. We had some wonderful speakers and great breakout sessions before heading down to Little Italy for dinner. I had the best time and had the most delicious cannoli! Another lady and I lined up at the Wall Street Borders at Midnight to snag a copy of Harry Potter #5! Fantastic!

Saturday was equally as educational and I had a great day! I snuck out a little bit early with another attendee to go shopping. We went to ABC and Bergdoffs before heading to dinner at one of the best restaurants. It had a huge nose and nipple on the wall! The waiter was amazing and I was sad to head home after such a night! I spent the remainder of the evening in my hotel room reading Life of Pi. I loved this book and am bursting to discuss it!

Sunday arose with plenty of rain and I headed down to Canal and Broadway for shopping! I quickly haggled and purchased three bags and a wallet. Deciding not to do any more damage to my bank account, I headed to the MET. It's HUGE! I did get to see four Vermeer paintings and managed to get lost inside the museum but all in all had a great time. After a quick bite to eat in Central Park, I headed towards Times Square. I wanted to see the Harry Potter display in Toys R Us. It was fun! They had some lifesized figures of Harry Potter and friends made out of Legos. Fun! I also visited Sephora and got some fantastic smelling shampoo!

Now I'm home and back to training! I have a tri this weekend in Vancouver, Washington which I'm a bit nervous about.

In Knitting Knews, I took a fantastic Intro to Color Knitting class and picked up some yarn to make a Harry Potter Scarf. I'm not using the exact same colors but they are in the same range as his scarf which I love! I'm also still working on the bikini top and now have a closer deadline because she's moving here on July 7th! Yea!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat