Wednesday, March 23, 2005
Peeving

When I woke up this morning, I had great plans for this post! I was going to show you a picture of my Dulaan Mitten.



And talk about how one is pink with black stripes while the other will be black with pink stripes and how that is not necessarily due to my great designing skills but instead due to the amount of yarn I had for this project.

BUT then the daily commute hit. Every morning I check the local TV station for "point to point" drive times. This information is provided to the broadcast stations by the Department of Transportation and can also be found on their website. So today I checked it right before I left and my commute time was supposedly 18 minutes. GREAT! I'll take the freeway then, I thought. I have two routes I can take to work, one is the freeway and it can be quicker if traffic isn't a snarl. The other route is a consistent 32 minutes, rain or shine, traffic or no traffic. It is always 32 minutes. BUT then I entered the freeway where there is another "point to point" travel time sign above the road. This one had a vastly different travel time! It said 28 MINUTES! Needless to say my planned 20 minute commute turned into a 45 minute commute. Humphhh!

Commuting is one of my peeves! That and people who don't know how to properly park in parking spaces but that can be left for another day.

Instead, let's move back to happier subjects, the Dulaan Mitten. I think it looks pretty darn cool (no, now is not the time to disagree with me!) and I can't wait to see what it's faternal twin will look like.

In other happier subjects, please take note of the right sidebar where I have updated Destiny's photo. I took this one with my fancy new camera phone and caught her in the perfect yawn! Now I'm just waiting to catch her in a hiss which shouldn't be hard since she hisses every other second.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat