Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Starteritis (or however one spells that)



I caught the boat off Sleeve Island and quickly boarded the train to Starteritis-ville. And yet with all the starting, I didn't cast on for the back of the Ronnie sweater tonight. I did however start a Ruffles scarf which I may rip, worked on a bag from Rowan Big Wool and gazed upon my Kidsilk Scarf. Ahhh, the joy of knitting.

Hair

I'm counting down the days until I get my hair done again. My hairdresser quit in May and that is when I last had my hair done. She's at a new location (albeit 45 minutes away compared to the short 5 minute drive from before) and on Saturday, this raggedly hair will be red again and a bit shorter. I'm also going back to the bangs. The no-bang idea just isn't working out.

Weight and that ugly word, Fat

Today Rachael spoke about how her doctor wanted her to lose weight and Carolyn announced that she was down 4.5 pounds, which made me think about weight (something I actually do quite often to be honest). This losing weight thing is so hard! It is just so much more fun to gain the weight than to lose it. In the last 2.5 months, I've lost 13.2 pounds and I'm proud of my efforts. However I can't keep wondering why others haven't noticed this success which then leads me into a bit of a depression because it means I still have a long way to go. It's like knitting a sweater, you feel accomplishment each time you finish a piece of the sweater but a lot of times others can't see your success because all they see is a piece of knitted fabric and can't yet see your vision. And those last 5 pounds (which I'm not near yet) is like the seaming of a sweater, sometimes it is the hardest part of the project. *sigh, reality is a hard thing to deal with.*

P.S. Congrats to Carolyn and Rachel, you do too like veggies!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat