Monday, January 02, 2006
Chilly Waters

This morning, I met Mot at Matthews Beach for the 2006 Polar Bear Swim. We arrived at 11:15 a.m. and quickly registered. We then stood around for awhile pretending that it was balmy and not chilly or windy.



As the time neared and my toes began to freeze, I began to have nervous anticipation. Five minutes to Noon, we stripped down to our swimsuits and made our way to the beach. There was a girl from England next to me who agreed with me that we were all crazy. The horn sounded and the surge into the water began. Mot's long legs carried her far ahead of me and I quickly lost one flip flop. I quickly dipped myself up to my neck and began the sprint back. I located my flip flop near the shore and ran to my towel. Along the way, I picked up my official Polar Bear patch.



And that is one 31 in 31 goal accomplished!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat