Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Snow in New Mexico



On Friday night, Mot called me so we could giggle about snow in New Mexico and how school had been cancelled due to a threat of snow. She told me that on Friday morning she saw some snow on her way to work but that there wasn't much and it was all north of where she lives.

There wasn’t any snow at Mot’s house but still the schools in her city were closed for the day. Note at this point there wasn't any actual snow on the ground, just the threat of it and that closed the schools. Mot left work early as her co-workers who live near her warned her of the snow conditions. She drove home and kept her eye out for ice and snow. She never saw either and so we laughed about it. I told her to hunker down and pile all her blankets on top of her since it COULD snow. And that it was time to run to the store for chips and toilet paper. We had a good laugh.



Yesterday, Mot called me because it was snowing so much that the highway that she takes to work was closed. She was anxiously checking the DOT cameras for any update and headed out as soon as possible for work. Sadly when she arrived at the highway, she found it still closed. She decided to get her oil changed instead.



I don’t know if she ever made it to work but damn if she didn’t try her hardest. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone else put so much effort into anything.

All of the pictures in this post are from Mot. She took them on Friday morning and the Pecan Trees are so lovely that I could stare upon them for hours. She just keeps sending me pictures that make me want to visit her immediately! That trip will have to wait though until after my vacation to England.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat