Friday, March 23, 2007
Episcleritis or WOW My EYE REALLY HURTS

Yesterday morning I woke up and noticed that my eye hurt. I stumbled into the bathroom where I noticed my eye was RED but there weren't any other symptoms other than my eye hurting. I got dressed, left off the make-up and headed to work. Around 9 a.m. I started calling the doctors for an appointment. I got into my regular doctor at 4:40 p.m. where he told me I either had Conjuntivitis (Pink Eye) or Episcleritis (http://www.revoptom.com/handbook/sect2f.htm) and that I needed to see my eye doctor.

So I called my eye doctor and made an appointment for this morning where I learned that I have Episcleritis which luckily isn't contagious but unfortunately could be a symptom of an auto immune disease. My eye doctor told me not to worry about the auto immune disease possibility unless this showed up again. Of course I'm still worrying a bit (because of course I WORRY!) and I am due for my annual exam in a few weeks so I'm going to ask my regular doctor to check for this stuff to be safe.

So anyhoo, no photos of the eye because that would be mean and I'm staying at home today knitting, pouting and just staying off the computer (ok just a bit on the computer but now I'm off to knit and relax the eyeball).

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat