Thursday, August 09, 2007

Knitting for Others

Artful Scarf

My co-worker's birthday is coming up in October so last night I decided it was imperative that I get cracking on her birthday present. I decided to make her a scarf even though I rarely knit for co-workers. I had some orange yarn in the stash that just called out her name. It wanted to be a scarf for her.

Scarf

I'm knitting this on US15 needles so it should be completed fairly quickly. I'm making up the pattern as I go along. Basically I cast on 24 sts, knit 1x1 rib for 8 rows, added in Teva's Lace Leaf motif and then I'll finish by knitting st st for a long time and finish with 8 more rows of 1x1 ribbing. Pretty simple but to a non-knitter, I know it will pack a punch!

The Making of a Scarf

I do need to add in a seed stitch border to the scarf to keep it from rolling. I'm just going to ladder down to the parts that I've already completed and then go from there.

I now want to finish this before the end of the weekend! I need to make a scarf for another friend's birthday that also falls in October but that scarf is destined to be more complicated and with smaller yarn.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat