Saturday, November 03, 2007

Knitting Thesis or Day Three of NaBloPoMo

Fall Yarns

Elizabeth of Gee You Knit is hard at work on her senior thesis and I'm so thrilled to be taking part in it.

Elizabeth explains that, "The aim of this project is to create autobiographical portraits of knitters. Each knitter will knit an item for this project and tag it as the project moves along. The tags will be your journal during this project—every time you pick up your knitting you will write a short entry and add it onto your work. When the piece is finished, the tags will not only indicate start-and-stop points, but will also be a record of the life "between the stitches."

Luckily we can knit anything we want, anything and so this means that my mind is hurriedly jumping about thinking, "Oh! I could make a sweater! No! A scarf! How about ONE sock! Yes! No! How about a dog sweater?" So basically I'm running around in my head getting excited and jumping about.

So I ask, what would you make if you knew it would end up on display in a museum but that you'd get the piece back? Also remember that I have four months to knit this project and I'd like it to be a longer project so that I have more tags!



nablo07.120x90

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat