Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Visit to the Lunchbox Laboratory

Menu

Lunchbox Laboratory

7302 1/2 15th Avenue NW

Seattle, WA 98117

Hours: Wednesday through Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.


On Saturday, my eating partner and I headed to the Lunchbox Laboratory for some food infusion. Scott had mentioned that we should visit this restaurant awhile back but this was the first time we had the opportunity to partake in the lab experiment.

Lunchbox Sign

We drove along 15th Avenue until I spotted the restaurant sign. It's a smaller restaurant with a small space inside for seating but with plenty tables outside.

Lassie

The menu was at first a bit overwhelming. You choose from a selection of meats (beef, buffalo, lamb, etc.), cheeses, sauces, toppings and side dishes. They do have some experiments of the day and so I made my choice as did Scott from those dishes. I had my version of the "My Little Allegre" lamb burger which featured lamb, colby jack cheese, maple bacon, balsamic onions and basil ailoi sauce (instead of the recommended BBQ) with sweet potato fries on the side.

Salts

Scott had the "Magic Mushroom" burger which featured a beef burger, mushrooms, BBQ sauce and some kind of cheese that I don't remember. He got Tots as his side dish and had to select from the "Salt Menu"

Scotts Burger

When our food came out from the kitchen (which was hilarious to overhear since the cooks were having some sort of melt-down back there), we wondered if our eyes were deceiving themselves. These were HUGE portions!

Too much!

We ate and we ate and we ate some more but while Scott was able to clear his plate, I was not able to eat all of my burger. It was delicious and hard to admit to a full stomach.

Tony

My final verdict? I'm so going back but next time I'm sharing my burger with my eating partner. Scott summed up our visit well when he told me, "It was Scrumpt-acular!"

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat