Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Christmas Knitting

Lornas Laces Sheperd Sock 8164. Fall Flight

I've been working steadily along on the last of my Christmas knitting which are socks for my Mum. She's a great sock lover and often asks for socks from me so her socks are special.

Two Socks at One Time

I've also been looking to learn how to make two socks at one time and I thought it would be fun to do so with my Mum's pair of socks.

Unfortunately, they are too big! The cuffs hung like elephant skin around my ankles and my Mum has much smaller legs than me (we call her bird legs but really that isn't nice). I decided that they needed to be ripped but then I was worried I wouldn't have the socks knit in time since I'm easily distracted.

Mom Christmas Socks

This weekend, I remedied that problem by making socks from Knitalong. They were quick and my Mum will love them. Now I still plan to finish the other socks and give them to her but if I don't finish them by Christmas, she'll still have a gift under the tree.

Whew! One less holiday worry on my list. Now to go and get my SIL's birthday present together!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat