Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Day

Image kindly borrowed from Whitehouse.gov


This morning I woke up with a bit of a bounce in my step. As I bundled myself up to walk to the bus, I felt a spring in my heels. For today is a new day.

I walked through the murky fog to the bus and waited for the bus. I couldn't even find it in myself to complain about the cold as my spirits were lifted too high. For today is a new day.

I turned on my computer at work and anxiously waited for it to boot up. I had something I wanted to see. Something important to watch, something life-changing. For today is a new day.

I watched as Obama was sworn in and I felt tears prick at my lids. I listened to my new President's words and I wanted to raise my fist in the air. For today is a new day.

And now the work begins as we watch our President's first 100 most crucial days and I hope that we all know that we must work together for this new future and that we remember that today is a new day.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat