Tuesday, September 01, 2009

This One Time in Chicago...

Inside the elevator being serious

A few weekends ago, I went to visit Carolyn and it was super fun. The end!

No, really it was super fun but that is not the end. I've known Carolyn virtually for years and we've met in person a few times but this was the first time we would spend an entire weekend together. Honestly, I was a little nervous that we would end up sitting in her living room staring at the floor and thinking, "OMG! This totally sucks!"

Instead we stayed up until 4 a.m. the night I arrived talking and talking and talking. We then forced ourselves to go to sleep and got up the next day to explore the city. I've been to Chicago a few times before so I've seen the touristy things. This time, I got to see Carolyn's Chicago and it is fun.

White on White

We went to the Loop and saw a lot of public art. We stopped into the Art Institute of Chicago to check out the new modern wing where we also saw some photography. Yes, not only do we both knit, but we both love to take photos so honestly we spent the weekend doing both of those things and watching movies.

We went to see a terrible Korean vampire film called, Thirst on Saturday night. Oh it was just terrible but gave us a great laugh. And I had such high hopes for the film. It was the winner of film festivals and all that.

Sexy Tanning

On Sunday, we headed down to the Belmont Harbor which is a quick walk from Carolyn's. It was a perfect Sunday. The sun was bright, there was a slight breeze in the air and people were happy.

We photo strolled and then ended the afternoon with cupcakes and coffee. Then we headed back to Carolyn's so I could catch a cab back to the airport and home. It was a delightful little break in a very busy summer at work. It was just the break I needed. Thanks Carolyn!

Eaten

You can see my whole Chicago set, here

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat