Saturday, January 16, 2010

Clothilde or THE First Shawl of 2010

Finished Shawl 2010

Last week, I finished Clothilde which is my first shawl in the "10 Shawls in 2010" Challenge.

Finished 2010 Shawl/

I really enjoyed this shawl until I decided to do the second Spearhead Lace repeat and then I just went into competitive, get it done overdrive which really is the opposite of what I wanted to do. I want to enjoy knitting each of the 10 shawls while also completing the challenge. I do get very competitive, very fast so I guess this isn't to be expected. Best part, I was only competing against myself. Oh the insanity.

Clothilde Lace Detail

I enjoyed the Malabrigo Sock in Aqua that I used for this first shawl but I still have about an ounce of yarn left. I've thrown it into my partial sock skein pile which is growing. I've been using the left-over skeins for a Barn Raising Quilt but it goes slow since I haven't made many squares.

I've now started two more shawls because only have one on the needles at a time is logical. I'm working on the Boneyard Shawl and loving the Rowan Felted Tweed along with Citron. I love the feeling of the Malabrigo Baby Lace on my hands. It's going to create a great feeling shawl. I'm also doing it in the same colorway as the pattern. I loved that color too much and when I saw that my LYS had some, I snatched it up.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat