Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Chai Love

Chai Love

Last week, Hello Yarn posted this lovely concoction on her Flickr page and I had to, HAD TO have some.

Then I noticed that Angry Chicken had published the recipe on her page too and I knew it would be awesome.

So I made some of my very own and OMG! this stuff makes even the worst day shiny and bright.

Chai Concentrate
Makes about 1 1/2 cups

Ingredients
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (please note that I have changed the amount of some of the spices to reflect my preference)
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions
Empty condensed milk into a jar or plastic container with tight-fitting lid. Stir in the sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Store in refrigerator.

To use: Brew a cup of strong black tea and add two heaping teaspoons (or more!) of concentrate or more to taste. Stir well until concentrate has fully melted.

To keep: Store in refrigerator for up to 6 months.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat