Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Eating Local - Baby Greens with Fig, Blue Cheese and Walnuts + Grilled Flat Iron Steak

Salad Blue Cheese Walnut

Tonight's dinner was another aim toward healthiness. I made the Baby Greens with Fig, Blue Cheese and Walnuts and added the Grilled Flat Iron Steak to make the salad a bit more substantial.

Marinating Beef

The beef was supposed to be marinated for 8 hours but since I didn't remember to do that before work, it ended up being marinated for 2 hours while I attended yoga class.

Salad Fig Cheese

The salad was super easy to put together and the only change I made was to add some dijon mustard to the salad dressing. I believe dijon mustard makes any salad dressing even better.

Salad with Beef

I used dried figs since it is not fig season yet but I had to have them once I had spotted this recipe in the "Eating Local" book.

All in all, this salad was a win. It's one that I can see making again and again. Quite delicious!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat