Monday, January 03, 2011

Day 2 of a New Year Cleanse

Day two held some surprises and a few hard moments. I mean when I opened the spice drawer and saw the chocolate chips, I almost dove in like a maniac. There is only so many vegetables that one person can take!

Scott announced that I was serving him bird seed this morning when I dished up 101 Cookbook's Warm and Nutty Quinoa. I actually enjoyed it. It won't replace my first love of oatmeal but it was still good. I liked it enough to not be disappointed that I'll be enjoying it again tomorrow morning.

Celery Root (1 of 1)

Lunch was a delicious Celery Root and Apple Salad with Tuna. It was surprisingly good. There was so much though that after eating on the salad for over an hour, I had to stop and throw the rest out. I couldn't finish it!

Black Eyed Pea Curry (1 of 1)

Dinner was really flavorful and delicious! This will be added into our rotation of dinners. Scott and I loved it!

Mustard Salmon (1 of 1)

We had Salmon in a Bengali Mustard Sauce from At Home with Madhur Jaffrey with Black-Eyed Pea Curry from Anjum's New Indian along with a green salad. I added in some sour cream on the side to tame down some of the spices.

Mustard Salmon Brown Rice (1 of 1)

I also replaced the fresh tomatoes in the Black-Eyed Pea Curry with canned diced tomatoes as they were easier to work with.


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat