Monday, January 31, 2011

Pinwheel Blocks Wheee!

Pinwheel Blocks 1

Last week, Jocelyn commanded that I start working on my Pinwheel Sampler Quilt again. Since she inspired me to start it over a year ago, I decided that it was only right that I listen to her directive. And since I found my sewing mojo during my Crafterday with Rachel, I spent a lot of my Sunday sewing.

Pinwheel Blocks 3

I am happy to say that I am halfway through the Pinwheels. It has been nice to see that my sewing skills have improved over the past year. I compared a block I made about a year ago with one I made today and there is a vast improvement! There is hope for me yet.

Pinwheel Blocks 2

I have the fabric cut for 6.5 more blocks and have run into a bit of an issue. I've run out of cream fabric! The one fabric I've been using to tie the quilt together. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but I joined the Stashpact in a solid attempt to use up my craft supplies instead of just adding to them.

Pinwheel Blocks 4

I think breaking the pact in this instance will be ok though. I'm only buying fabric to ensure that I finish a project I've started. Not buying the fabric would mean an unfinished project which is not really in the spirit of the pact. I am however going to buy my fabric online. If I head into a fabric store full of pretty, pretty fabric, I'm sure to fall down and buy something I don't need.

Pinwheel Blocks 5

Once I have more cream fabric, I'll be able to finish sewing up more blocks. Since I'm halfway done, I'm going to try to have this quilt finished by the end of March. It would make a wonderful Spring quilt!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat