Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies Stuffed with Oreos

Cookie

Last week, I stumbled up on this creation, Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. I was both horrified and intrigued. After reading about these cookies in a few different places, I decided that I had to try my hand at them. You see, I have a desert hound for a friend who is also a Roller Derby Girl. Her first bout was last night and I decided to make Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies just for her.

Renee Roller Derby2
Hit O Honey is in the middle in purple with all the stickers on her helmet.


I started with Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies and then wrapped Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough around them.

Cookie4

The recipe says to use a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop and that is good advice as you need just enough cookie dough to wrap around the Oreos but not too much that your dough spreads.

Cookie2

The recipe supplies a great recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies which I did not follow as I was being lazy. I used the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag.

Cookie3

I think it worked out. My cookies spread a lot but in the end it worked. I gave a cookie to Scott to try and grabbed one for myself.

Cookie7

I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat not from excitement but more out of fear that I would eat another of these cookies. They are very sweet, so sweet that my teeth ached. I honestly couldn't eat more than one. AND I LOVE COOKIES!

Cookie8

I bet Hit O Honey liked these though. She loves that uber sweet taste. I do know that she played her heart out at the bout and even though she appeared to spend more time in the penalty box than out on the floor, she had fun. We had fun watching her.

1 comment:

Meg Luby said...

so, this is awesome. oreo cookie fiesta! thanks for sharing :)
love this, love you! .meg
@ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com/

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat