Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mystery Socks

Mystery Socks

Back in 2009, I had a harebrained idea to knit 12 pairs of socks - one for each month. As the year progressed, I began to lose my excitement for the sock project and slogged through some socks. One pair got left by the wayside.

Mystery Socks 5

In October 2009, I started the Mystery Socks. The basic premise is that instructions are mailed to you every week. You knit according to the instructions and by the end of a few weeks, you have a pair of socks! The mystery part is that you have no idea what your socks are going to look like.

Mystery Socks 3

I thought for sure this would help lift me out of my sock induced knitting depression. It did not. I LOVE this pattern and I love that after almost two years, I've FINALLY finished these socks. However, the pattern did not help me find my sock love. Nothing was going to help me find my sock love at that point in the game. So I did what any self respecting knitter would do, I took a break from sock knitting.

Mystery Socks 2

Last week though I found my sock mojo and quickly finished the Mystery Socks. I love them. I can't wait to work on more socks now!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat