Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Delight of the Week - Anniversary Red Velvet Cake

Anniversary Cake Yum

Scott and I celebrated our 1-Year Anniversary on Sunday so I decided to recreate our wedding cake. We had two flavors for our official wedding cake, red velvet and cheesecake. Since I made a cheesecake a few weeks ago, I decided to focus on the red velvet cake.

Anniversary Cake

Luckily for me, Lorna Yee created a fantastically wonderful red velvet cake in her cookbook, The Newlywed Kitchen: Delicious Meals for Couples Cooking Together. I did decide to make a smaller version of the cake though to reduce the amount of cake leftovers in our house. I found some great small pans at Williams-Sonoma. They were meant for deep dish pizza but the sales guy and I decided they would work for cake. Luckily they worked great!

Anniversary Cake Chomp

The cake came out delicious and moist. My only problem was that my icing was a bit lumpy. But that was my fault. I tried to mix the cream cheese and butter together before they softened. Let that be a lesson to you. Soften thy butter!

In celebration of my one-year anniversary and such a delightful cake! I'm giving away one copy of The Newlywed Kitchen: Delicious Meals for Couples Cooking Together. I'll use a Random Number generator to pick a winner. All you need to do is leave a comment saying what your favorite wedding cake flavor is (married or not, we've all eaten wedding cake and we all have our favorites!).
Post a Comment