Saturday, March 23, 2013

Whole30

I recently had a playdate with an amazing Mama friend. She's vibrant, full of life and gorgeous. We met in our birth class and found out that we had the same doctor. In fact, I still tease her about the one appointment I had to reschedule because she was having her baby and our doctor was busy assisting her with her birth. 

salmonkale

She casually mentioned that she was doing the Whole30 and my interest was piqued. I've been thinking about doing the Whole30 for awhile but I wasn't sure if I was ready to give up dairy. I mean, I've already given up carbs but why must you take away my sweet, sweet cheese!?! She said she was about a week and a half in and felt great. She then preceded to put together the most amazing salad. 

Tasty #fmsphotoaday Molly enjoyed this tasty pear as an afternoon snack.

After our kids (and dog) played hard, Molly and I headed home but I kept thinking. Maybe it was time to do the Whole30  I now knew someone who was doing it and would listen to me whine about missing cheese (oh cheese! How I love thee!) but also tell me that it wasn't that hard.

Playtime!

The next morning, I woke up and texted her. I said I'm doing it. She responded with an enthusiastic Hooray! Then she said, "Are you starting today?" No time for a day of indulging on all the wrong things, I jumped right in and yes!

IMG_3560

So for the next 30 days there will be no dairy, legumes, carbs or other such nonsense in my diet. I'm excited to truly eat clean for a month. No sneaking in tastes of ice cream or cheese. Tell me what are your favorite Whole30-ish recipes and resources? 

The

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat