Monday, March 31, 2014

Sunday Food Prep

image

Almost every Sunday, I take an hour or two to prep our food for the week. With two littles in the house, I have to plan ahead at every opportunity. I finalized our April Meal plan last week so I have a clear idea of what we are going to eat each week.  

image

I start with a list of what I need to prep for the week. This can be sauces for dinners, bringing up meat from the basement freezer, making lunches for Molly and/or snacks, etc. I also like to make breakfasts in advance. I've been making a lot of Oatmeal Muffins

image

I also like to roast veggies and cut up fruit for the week. This way I can pull together salads and snacks easily. I usually make a dozen hard boiled eggs but I forgot to buy extra this week so no eggs. It's good to take a break from eggs sometimes too. Prepping fruits and veggies helps me eat less junk and more healthy stuff.

image

I usually make up snack packs for Molly. We tend to head out in the morning for some sort of activity and it is nice to be able to grab a snack pack already made up with delicious goodies. I didn't do any this week as we are going to be hanging out at home most of the week, meeting some milestones. 

What do you do to prepare for the week? What are your tips for smooth meal prep?

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat