Saturday, July 12, 2014

Twenty Nine Weeks with Chicken Nugget

Maggie 29 weeks

It's been a scorcher of a week around here! Luckily we've managed to stay cool through most of it but I think I may have used an entire bottle of sunscreen on Maggie and Molly. We started out the week with our monthly trip to Costco. It was the first time that Maggie was able to ride in the cart with Molly. As you can see they were 'thrilled'.

Untitled

On Monday, Molly started swim lessons and Maggie slept right through them. I decided to walk up to the nearby wading pool that afternoon to cool both kids off. It's straight up a hill and pushing a Double Bob with 60+ lbs of weight was quite the workout for me. Maggie thought the water was awesome and giggled so much which made the hike up the hill totally worth it. 

Untitled

It was super sunny so I wrapped Maggie up in her swaddling blanket. I took this picture to send to Scott because it made me laugh. Molly wouldn't look at the camera because a fire truck was going by and that was way more awesome than I'll ever be. Luckily Maggie still finds me to be more interesting than a truck. 

Untitled

Maggie spent most of the week working on her water skills and angry backward crawling. She keeps getting stuck under tables, the couch and the media center. Her angry look cracks all of us up! I figure one day she'll figure out how to get out of reverse and start crawling forward. We walked to Molly's swim lessons one day which was awesome. Maggie and Molly both enjoy riding in the stroller and I enjoyed the walk. Hopefully we'll be able to do the same next week. 

Untitled

We ate most of our meals outside which I love because it means less clean-up inside. Maggie is at the especially messy stage of eating where food is everywhere. She is loving solid food though and eats a lot of spinach, sweet potatoes, apples and pears. 

Untitled

We ended the week with a trip to the Greenlake Wading Pool where Maggie got to really experience a wading pool, swim diaper and all. Like her sister, Maggie is looking like she'll be a water baby. I think I have lots of time sitting by the pool in my future. It's a good thing that I love swimming!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat