Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Nine and Ten Months with Mag-Pie

Untitled

Maggie,

I'm combining your 9 month letter with your 10 month letter because well these past two months just flew past us. The biggest news is that you are walking! You took your first official steps just two days before your 10 month birthday. You've been tentatively taking a few careful steps and then a few fast ones when you forget that you are walking. It's adorable.

Untitled

You've also moved into your new convertible carseat and while you weren't sure at first, you've started to love it. I love the cute pink giraffe pattern! I had a laugh with your dad after I installed your seat. You see with your sister, I called the Car Seat Lady out and had her install the seat. I learned a lot from her but I now have the confidence and know-how to install your car seat (a Britax Marathon like your sister's!). She is a great resource and I did learn a lot of tricks from her. 

Untitled

You had your first trip to the Pumpkin Patch and it was a blast! We had corn dogs, apple cider donuts and picked some great pumpkins. You wore the pumpkin suit that has visited the pumpkin patch and were the cutest little pumpkin. 

Untitled

You also visited Mt. Rainier when my friends visited from England. You were a travel champ and it was a fun trip. I'm looking forward to going back and doing some hikes next year. I'm hoping you'll be up for them by then or at least riding in the hiking backpack. You had a great time with my friends from England and we were all so sad when they headed back across the pond. Next time we see them, hopefully it will be on their turf. 

Untitled

You love food and have decided that you want to eat all the same food that I do, teeth be damned! I mean you only have two little bottom teeth (though I've spotted your two front teeth trying to come in!) but you eat whole apples and pears like it is nothing. You must have jaws of steel! 

You were a great companion when we moved Grandma from her house to her new apartment. You've enjoyed visiting her in her new home and especially love the attention you get from the other residents. 

Untitled

You started going to daycare on Thursdays when I work in your sister's co-op classroom and you are doing so well there. Your daycare teacher always has such wonderful things to say about you and I think she secretly wishes that you were there more than three hours a week. I like that you have three hours of your own time a week. You didn't nap there on our first day and then took an epic four hour nap but you've now adjusted and usually take a short nap at daycare. 

Untitled

You've also started pointing and I must say that the pointing stage is one of my FAVORITE stages. This next month is going to be full of so much fun! We have a trip coming up, you'll start walking more and pointing! I really hope the pointing ramps up. I love you little Mag-Pie. You are still the happiest little baby I've every met and bring joy everywhere you go. 



No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat