Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Prep: Day Three

cranberries

Tomorrow is the BIG day and I’m feeling way confident about our meal tomorrow. I’ve baked the pies, cooked the cranberry chutney, chopped and saluted the veggies for the stuffing, made the sweet potato casserole (marshmallows to be melted on top tomorrow!) and dried out the bread for the stuffing. Things are looking good! 

Ginger

The turkey has been defrosting in a cold water bath to speed up the process. Maggie gleefully got me up at 5:45 a.m. this morning so I was in the kitchen cooking away by 7 a.m. after some playtime and a big cup of coffee. I think she knew that my to do list was long today. 

sautecelery

Tonight I need to clean up the dining room and get the table settings ready. I might even need to iron a few napkins but that will be a joy, not a burden.

Brussel Sprouts

Tomorrow I’ll host 10-13 people for Thanksgiving and we’ll be thankful for each other’s company and hopefully for this great meal I’ve prepared. My good friend is anxiously awaiting her second child and will hopefully join us with her family for dinner. If they don’t join us, it will be for a very good reason, she’ll be having her baby! I’m kinda hoping they don’t make it because I know how much fun it is to have a Turkey Baby and she deserves that kind of fun. That and I think she’s done being pregnant. 


May your Thanksgiving Meal be full of laughter, grace and wonderful feelings. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat