Thursday, December 11, 2014

Blog Reader Shangri-la, Top 100 Best Book Lists and ME Time round out this Week's Links from Around The Web

Untitled

I've been mourning the loss of my favorite blog reader, Bloglines since it imploded a few years ago. I switched to Google Reader and then that disappeared! I tried out a few other readers since then but never found one that I loved, until BlogLovin'. I'd highly suggest checking it out and I'd love for you to follow my blog on BlogLovin'!

I love reading. I love reading books, magazines, blogs, newspaper articles, I love it all so I was excited to see the NYTimes Top 100 books of the Year. I now have a huge list of books that I want to tackle. My wallet is grateful that my library offers so many of these books as e-readers since I'm a bit addicted to my Kindle and with two kids, it is often difficult to browse books at the actual library especially when we are there for library story times and playdates. This article of the best Children's Books of 2014 excites me too since we read to the girls every day and are working to foster a love of books.

Scott takes amazing photos with his iPhone (some of the best photos on this blog have been stolen from him) and I'm constantly inspired by him and others on Instagram who do this. This Ted article provides some really good tips to get great photos with your phone.

Finding Me Time was a true struggle this year. With the birth of Maggie and the death of my Father, I had way more people to care for and responsibilities to deal with but this article helps remind me to find ME TIME and to take ME TIME.

I've been pinning so many "How to Blog" posts on Pinterest as I think forward to 2015 and this blog. I have some ideas and I really want to get back to this space. It's ME TIME and yet I want it to be more. I'm still formulating my ideas but I'd love your input. What would you like to see? What do you like the most about this space?

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat