Saturday, February 21, 2015

January/February Book Report

Untitled

I love reading and I've been making more time to read this year. I thought it would be fun to share my latest reads with you. I try to read every night before bed for at least 15 minutes. I find that it calms me and I love discovering new stories. 


The Curious Case of the Copper Corpse: A Flavia de Luce Story by Alan Bradley I love all Flavia de Luce tales and so was extra delighted to find this short story about her. Flavia is a unique little girl who busies herself solving mysteries around her English manor and town. I'm looking forward to reading the next Flavia book, As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust.



I jumped into Longbourn by Jo Baker without even reading the dust jacket. I liked the cover and was looking for something to read when I picked this book up. As I read the book, it felt super familiar. Then I realized this was the tale of the servants from Pride and Prejudice. I think I liked this story even more than Pride and Prejudice. I have Return to Longbourn on my reading list as I can not get enough of this story. 


Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell was both utterly heartbreaking and utterly up-lifting.  You cheer Eleanor as she triumphs over life and your heart lifts with Park as he discovers his first love. I was enthralled with the comic book and musical mentions. 


I loved, loved, loved this last book. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion is a story about Don Tillman who embarks on the Wife Project to find a wife but meets Rosie along the way. I'm beyond excited to read The Rosie Effect next. 

I'm currently reading, All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr which is a National Book Award Finalist about a blind French girl and a German boy working to survive the destruction of World War II as their paths collide in France. What are you reading? What else should be on my reading list? 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat