Monday, March 16, 2015

Chore Charts for Littles

Untitled

I've been working with Molly to develop a more cohesive routine with some simple chores. I went to my favorite place on the web, Pinterest and found a ton of chore charts. I selected two to get us started. One is a Morning/Evening routine chart and the other is a true chore chart. We'll see if these work for us. I suspect that they will.

Untitled

The goal of these charts are to help Molly create a routine while developing some personal responsibility. I would also like to stop nagging her about doing certain things and honestly sometimes I need to be reminded to brush her teeth, etc. I don't expect 100% success and I know I'll have to remind her a lot in the beginning.

Untitled

Molly helped me put these together and then I asked her where we should hang them for best results. She announced that she wanted them on the bathroom door so that is where we put them. We'll put stickers on the chore chart when she accomplishes her chores. If she fills up most of the sheet with stickers, she'll get a prize at the end of the week. She's asked for a trophy at the end of this week. So yea, a trophy. OK I can make that happen. 

Untitled

Molly is so excited about her new chore charts that she dragged Scott out into the hallway to check them out. He got a bit excited watching her excitement. I hope this helps us with some of our nightly tantrums about picking up toys, brushing teeth and putting clothing away. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat