Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday....

Untitled

This morning I woke up with a spring in my step. My house was being deep cleaned after three horrible weeks of illness and other surprises. The house was really dirty and I was more than happy to pay someone to clean it for me.

The cleaners ended up coming after co-op rather than during it so that threw me for a loop. I took the kids out to lunch and then got them to take a short car nap. We went to the beach. It was a gorgeous day. In between I'd drive by the house to see if the cleaners were done. They were at my house for over three hours. YIKES!

After locking up the house, we headed to visit my Mom and ready her apartment for her arrival tomorrow. She's getting out of the rehab facility and going home! She's still improving from her hip surgery and hoping being back at home will be helpful.

I decided that I didn't want the kids to dirty my clean house and called Scott to meet us at a local brewery for dinner. A mere four blocks from the restaurant, Molly became Mt. Molly and puked everywhere. It was horrible. I was retching and practically crying as I tried to help her. I am not a good barf helper. I got her out of her clothing and realized I couldn't put her back in the seat. It was just not possible. So I broke the law and all safety decrees and buckled her into the middle seat in the car. Then I drove 15 mph home on the side roads. Luckily we were about 3 miles from home but I was a nervous wreck.

Scott arrived home shortly after us with take-out (because people still needed to eat) and just started laughing. Both kids were running around the front yard in just their skivvies and I had emptied the backseat of everything. The car will need to be shampoo'd tomorrow but both car seats have been cleaned and the covers washed. Luckily we have another car with car seats that we'll use tomorrow. What a day!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat