Friday, March 06, 2015

Unfinished Projects

Untitled

Over a year ago, Molly asked me to knit her a blanket. We picked out the pattern together. She helped me finalize the colors and I quickly cast on. Then per my usual style, I got distracted and put the blanket aside. 

I've been trying to focus my unfocused mind lately so I picked up Molly's blanket again and I've been carrying it everywhere. Whenever I can, I try to sneak a row in. It's also what I knit on once the kids go to bed. I try to relax before bed every night so I knit a few rows while watching a tv show with Scott before heading to bed to read before falling asleep at a pretty early hour. Getting up at 5:15 a.m. to work out means that I tend to be sound asleep by 10 p.m. every night. 

I have so much going on that I need this little ritual to unwind, to collect myself, to re-focus my unfocused mind. I'm glad that I have this blanket to help me with this. It's a beautifully simple pattern and I know Molly is going to love this blanket once I get it done. I only have about elevenity-billion more rows to knit but it'll get done, one row at a time. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat