Friday, May 08, 2015

Garden Update

Untitled

My Spring Garden is going wild! In fact, some of my lettuces are almost ready to harvest. I am extraordinarily excited about my future salads. I planted most of my garden in late March so I'm quite pleased with how everything is turning out. 

Untitled

I added a trellis to the pea area a week or two ago which the peas seem to be appreciating. They now have a place to climb and grow. 

Untitled

The carrots are getting big and pushing through the soil. I'm hoping to have some carrots to crunch with my fresh lettuce soon. The beets are looking great too but will require more time in the ground before I can savor them.

Untitled

This weekend I plan to pick up my tomato plants, a few more strawberry plants and some decorative grasses for under the Cherry Tree. This afternoon while the girls sprint outside in the sun, I plan to do a bit of weeding and garden tending. I love puttering in my garden. Helping plants grow are some of my favorite things to do.

Untitled

I also need to do something about my kale. I accidently let one plant go to flower and I'm not sure if I can do anything with it. The flowers do add a lovely hint of yellow to my garden though. How is your garden growing? Are you planting anything this weekend? 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat